With the Alumni Network sticker, you have access to the wealth of resources housed in the UOWD Library. The Library provides you with:
- access to over 10,000 electronic journals (a complete list can be found at http://uow.libguides.com/alumni/)
- access to the reference collections
- borrowing rights to the main collection.
Library membership is available for all UOWD graduates with an Alumni Network Sticker. In order to activate the library membership, you will need to visit the library with your student ID card and Alumni Network sticker; library membership cannot be obtained separately from the Alumni Network. Alumni who have lost their student ID will need to apply for a re-issue and pay a fee of AED 50 to the Registrar’s Office.
When activating your library membership, you will be required to make a one-time donation of AED 150 to purchase a book of your choice for the UOWD library from a selected list. The book you donate will be labelled with an inscription thanking you for supporting the UOWD library and naming you as a valued alumni member.
Alumni library membership conditions are generally the same as those outlined in the library brochures, though some specific terms and exclusion apply. The basic principles are outlined below.
- Alumni members are entitled to borrow seven items at a time and may renew items twice, although reserving items and borrowing from the Closed Reserve Section is not extended to alumni library members at this time.
- The UOWD student card (including alumni sticker) must be presented when borrowing items and the card is non-transferable. Fines apply for late returns and failure to pay outstanding fines will affect future enrolment.
- You must keep the library up-to-date with your address and contact details and if at any time the Library cannot contact you using the personal details you provided, your library membership will be terminated and all fees will be forfeited.
Users can search our library catalogue at library.uowdubai.ac.ae
Free Online Database Access
UOWD Alumni borrowers are entitled to use the online databases listed on the UOW Alumni page.
To get access to the online databases, you need to apply for a separate membership directly from UOW library, free of change. The form can be found in the Alumni Guide.
The library guide for Alumni Membership online databases list is available at the UOW library page.